Therapies for Kids is a trans-disciplinary practice offering paediatric services for Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Pathology. Working together across different therapies allows the team to provide a holistic methodology which has been proven to have a greater impact by helping a child in multiple ways. It is child-centred, specialising in treating ALL children, typical and disabled
Our five core values are at the centre of everything we do:
- PLAY – Using play to impart skills and knowledge, ensuring it doesn’t feel like therapy or treatment
- PURPOSE – Good therapeutic practice and evidence-based treatments to drive impactful results
- PARTNERSHIPS – Work collaboratively across multiple therapies with children, their families, schools and medical practitioners
- PASSION – Genuine enthusiasm for children and their innate potential and capacity
- PIONEERING – Do things differently using an innovative and adaptive philosophy that is focused on solutions and positive outcomes
We are looking for a dedicated Paediatric Occupational Therapist to join our transdisciplinary team. You will work with children aged 0-18 and their families to achieve goals and developmental milestones. You will enjoy a varied caseload, including children with cerebral palsy, autism, developmental delay as well as typically developing children.
You will be well supported, both clinically and from an administrative perspective by our fantastic admin team.
Our purpose-built therapy rooms are state of the art – a fun place to apply your therapeutic skills whilst embracing our environment of continuous learning. There will also be the opportunity to do home and school visits.
Ideally, you will be available alternate Saturdays.
BENEFITS + CULTURE
- Flexible work – Full-time or part-time opportunity
- Excellent working environment – Work with a team of highly experienced therapists in comfortable therapy rooms with state-of-the-art equipment
- Professional development – We are committed to your ongoing training and professional development with 40+yrs experience
- Opportunities for advancement – Promotion and advancement will be offered based on merit and experience
- Administrative support – Bookings and payments handled by our efficient Reception team
- Competitive salary – Above award rate
- Minimal travel required – Work predominantly in the therapy room with occasional travel required
- Social environment – Strong team bonding with regular events
- Fantastic location – Convenient Inner West location
SKILLS + REQUIREMENTS
- A genuine passion for paediatrics
Degree qualified Occupational Therapist
Minimum two years’ paediatric experience
A love of learning and coaching
Full unrestricted Australian working rights
Current registration with AHPRA
Strong communication with children and adults (verbal and written)
Experience working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and physical disabilities desirable
Strong clinical reasoning skills
A demonstrated proficiency using assessment tools
If you possess the skills and requirements, and share our core values, we would love to hear from you! Please send an email to Kiri now being sure to include your resume and a cover letter so we get to know a little bit more about you.