State-of-the-art Therapy Centre
Therapies for Kids has been designed to provide a State of the Art Therapy Centre for children of all abilities. The Physiotherapy Gym has been specially designed by Debbie Evans who has over 30 years of working with children in various clinical settings. She wanted to provide children and their families with an environment that was unique and could provide motor experiences for all children in the least restrictive environment. This gym needed to fulfil the criteria of a learning space that provided for fun, fitness , friends , function family and the future. We believe that our Gym room does just that. Therapies for Kids is a fantastic and fun place to bring your child for their therapy needs.
The Physiotherapy Gym is set up with various stations that include:
- The unique Enliten Harness which offers unparralled freedom of movement for children whose movement is otherwise restricted
- The Universal Exercise Unit (sometimes referred to as a Spider Cage),
- Our specially adapted climbing wall and spiderman net with 30 cm deep gym mats. This is a favourite with children of all abilities.
- A climbing ladder for balance work and bimanual skills.
- A medical treadmill that is equipped for partial weight support that we use for gait training, including developing independent stepping, strength and endurance.
- Our obstacle course which includes climbing equipment and balance beams to practice motor skills , motor planning and for the practice of bilateral skills.
- A mat area for individual treatments particularly for babies and assessing musculo-skeletal problems (including sports injuries).
- Soft play and foam balance equipment as well as a ball pit for practicing early motor skills, sensory play and more complex balance skills in a safe environment.
- Work stations with stationary bikes, rowing machines and punching bags
- A large open area for ball skill practice and for group activities.
Our four Powerhouse rooms are for individual therapy in a quieter environment for the practice of separate fine motor and language skills as well as quiet areas for assessment, parent discussions etc. These rooms are where our children will come to work on individual table top skills for Occupational Therapy and Speech Pathology and for posture and musculo-skeletal checks for Physiotherapy and Podiatry. Our Powerhouse Rooms all have height adjustable tables and a range of seating to suit your baby, child or adolescent. We have a range of equipment, fun toys and resources to suit every child and every stage and age. Our therapists love to use a variety of technology during therapy when appropriate including switch toys, iPad’s and computers.
Our Reception area is our hub which is is accessible by our wheelchair / pram ramp that has been specifically designed for Therapies for Kids. Any administrative needs can be assisted with by our welcoming staff in reception. There are also a number of sitting areas for parents and carers to use during their child’s therapy. This allows interaction with other parents and creates a unique community environment.
The Reception team is responsible for booking appointments, taking payments, assisting with funding plans (Medicare and Government), facilitating communication between you and your therapist and answering any and every question you may have.
The front desk is open 9am – 5pm Monday to Saturday to best accommodate your needs.