Therapies for Kids is a trans-disciplinary practice offering paediatric services for Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech Pathology. Working together across different therapies allows the team to provide a holistic methodology which has been proven to have a greater impact by helping a child in multiple ways. It is child-centred, specialising in treating ALL children, typical and disabled
Our five core values are at the centre of everything we do:
- PLAY - Using play to impart skills and knowledge, ensuring it doesn’t feel like therapy or treatment
- PURPOSE - Good therapeutic practice and evidence-based treatments to drive impactful results
- PARTNERSHIPS - Work collaboratively across multiple therapies with children, their families, schools and medical practitioners
- PASSION – Genuine enthusiasm for children and their innate potential and capacity
- PIONEERING – Do things differently using an innovative and adaptive philosophy that is focused on solutions and positive outcomes
Due to increased demand, we are currently looking for a full-time Paediatric Occupational Therapist to join our team in Narrandera. You will work with children aged 0-18. Your caseload will be a mix of children who are typically developing, as well as children with disabilities, which include physical disabilities (e.g. Cerebral Palsy), genetic disorders, Autism Spectrum Disorder, as well as children with sensory, learning, behavioural, and fine motor difficulties.
Successful applicants will be working in our Narrandera clinic and within school/home environments with children and their families to achieve goals and developmental milestones using an integrated approach to therapy.
Our state-of-the-art clinic is well resourced. You will have all the tools and support required to help children and their families achieve their goals and developmental milestones.
BENEFITS + CULTURE
- Flexible work - Full-time or part-time opportunity
- Excellent working environment - Work with a team of highly experienced therapists in comfortable therapy rooms with state-of-the-art equipment
- Professional development – We are committed to your ongoing training and professional development with 40+yrs experience
- Opportunities for advancement - Promotion and advancement will be offered based on merit and experience
- Administrative support - Bookings and payments handled by our efficient Reception team
- Competitive salary - Above award rate
- Minimal travel required - Work predominantly in the therapy room with occasional travel required
- Social environment – Strong team bonding with regular events
- Country lifestyle – Narrandera is built along the Murrumbidge river which allows for a peaceful but exciting rural lifestyle. Enjoy activities such as mountain bike riding, hiking, fishing, camping, canoeing, swimming and much more in your own backyard. Close drive to Wagga Wagga.
SKILLS + REQUIREMENTS
- A passion for paediatrics
- Full unrestricted Australian working rights
- Recognised degree in Occupational Therapy
- Professional membership/ registration with OT Australia and/or AHPRA
- Minimum 12 months' experience is desirable
- Strong communication skills with children and adults (written and verbal)
- A demonstrated proficiency using assessment tools
- Proven dedication to a hands-on approach to treatment
- Specific experience working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder and physical disability essential
- Ability to treat and assess children 12 months to 18 years
- Demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with other therapists, parents, teachers and children
- Current driver's license
- Passionate, hands-on approach to treatment
If you possess the skills and requirements, and share our core values, we would love to hear from you! Please send an email to Kiri now being sure to include your resume and a cover letter so we get to know a little bit more about you.