First Riverina Clinic intensive
A very different milestone this week for fun. This week is a milestone for TFK as we will be running our first intensive in Narrandera, plus it is my first visit to the clinic since it opened. I will be seeing many of the local clients over 3-4 days. In addition, I will be assisting Clare with her first intensive…another milestone!
The purpose of my visit for local clients:
- To add a little to their programme with my 40+ years’ experience.
- To look at the new spider cage and set up a harness system for use in both the cage and over the treadmill.
- To up-skill Clare in my distal balance technique and CME techniques that we use in our Sydney Clinic.
The purpose of my visit for the intensive client:
I aim to provide the same service as I do for our clients in the Sydney Clinic in the first few days of the intensive. That is:
- Providing advice and equipment to provide the child with optimal body alignment so that they can get maximal gains from the intensive. This will involve using Theratogs, other strapping as necessary, constraint therapy for the upper limbs, and shoe/orthotics as necessary.
- I then design the intensive around:
- Motor planning + motor function
This programme is structured around my depth of knowledge, clinical reasoning, intervention skills, and the equipment in both our clinics.
I am very excited to be able to provide this service – a new milestone – to the community in NSW. Once back in Sydney, after having met the families, I will be able to better assist Clare to continue to develop her skills and interactions through Telehealth.
Stay safe, happy, and well,